The Quaker Group on Homosexuality and Other Problems of Sex
Minutes of a Meeting held on December 10th, 1961, at the University Women's Club, W.1.
Present: Anna Bidder
Kenneth Barnes (acting chairman)
Apologies for Absense:
1. During the Meeting for Worship we felt the need to re-examine our thinking on sex morality, on commitment in personal relationships and commitment to God.
2. The trend of thought that began during the Meeting for Worship was coninued during the morning session.
3. The section on "Towards a Quaker View of Sex" was discussed and amended.
4. We asked Kenneth Barnes to work the thought of our morning's discussion, together with the latter part of this section, into a draft that should form part of the introduction (2,c and d of the Table of Contents.)
5. We felt that the later stages of work on the drafts could be done better if we had a week-end together. Possible dates suggested were: 24th-25th March, 31st March-1st April, 28th-29th April, 4th-5th May. Places suggested were: Jordans, Blue Idol, London University Hostel, Saffron Walden School. Lotte Rosenberg was asked to inform the absent members, asking for their possible dates, and to write to Jordans and Blue Idol.
6. We thought it would be useful to have some knowledge of Harold Loukes' forthcoming book. We asked Kenneth Barnes to contact Harold Loukes with a view to obtaining the loan of a manuscript.
7 The date of the next Meeting is the 28th January, 1962.
Proposed agenda for that Meeting:-
Section on masturbation, prepared by Alfred Torrie and Richard Fox.
Section on part of introduction, prepared by Kenneth Barnes.